shadowFIX is a concealed fixing system for plywood panels utilising a patented plastic tongue design, countersunk screws and Tec7 X-Tack adhesive. shadowFIX is easy to install, has no face fixings and creates a perfect 10mm shadow line.
shadowFIX is the best solution for installing our ariaply pre-finished panels in an attractive and efficient way. Austral Plywoods can provide the complete solution, including not only the shadowFIX plastic tongue, but also black screws, router bits, toggles and X-Tack adhesive. And with no face fixings required, the ariaply panel will not be penetrated, keeping the protective coating intact.
Details to note:
- framing set out must be at 2410 x 1210 centres
- shadowFIX plastic tongue is supplied in 2440mm lengths, pre-drilled and countersunk at 600mm spacings
- screws are supplied - 8G 25mm, countersunk Phillips head, marine grade stainless, black painted head and self tapping so you can simply screw straight into timber stud with no fuss
- Tec7 X-Tack adhesive is used in the centre of the panel
- toggle lock system to easily set the 10mm gap (diagram below)
- a router bit is available to purchase to accurately groove any on-site cuts
- edge sealer is also available in 6 different ariaply colours for use on raw edges due to on-site cutting